Five of my favourite things....
What?!? Only 5?!?! Ok, well here goes nothing....
All of my favourite things have to do with my favourite thing .... which is making!
1. QuickTime: I love how I can record screencasts using QuickTime on my Mac. I actually didn't know about this feature (I'm a little slow on the uptake at times) until last year and it is a LIFE SAVER! Library in a Minute, anyone?
2. Doink: Our makerspace has a green screen for students to use - our favourite way to record (and it is the easiest by far) is to use the Doink app!
3. Sphero and the Tickle app. (That's not cheating if they're in the same photo). I love myself - I won't lie. So I bought myself a Sphero for Christmas last weekend .... and I just couldn't wait to give it to myself or let the kids try it at school. It's certainly garnering a lot of interest as we've placed two mazes on the floor of the learning commons and are challenging students to "code" their way through!
4. Book: 3D Printing in the Classroom. I've been thinking a lot of about 3D printers and how they can be effectively used in the classroom/makerspace. This book is a great resource - it will tell you everything you need to know about 3D printers in schools, what to look for, what to buy as well as sample projects. For me, a worthwhile purchase.
5. Book: Finger Knitting Fun. Our knitting makers started off this year knitting with needles. We soon found this to be quite a difficult and time consuming process. Students were getting frustrated (knitting is HARD) and couldn't see results that motivated them and made them feel successful. Since then, we've started a few projects out of this book and the students have a new vigour and enthusiasm for creating knitting projects! Some of the samples we've tried so far!
And last of all, my MOST favourite thing to do after a hard day of making is to put my feet up and enjoy a nice cold Coke Zero. :)
One #6 never hurt anyone....
Please read on to check out the favourite things of our other #peel21st blog hop colleagues!
Link to December blog hop post